In this competitive industry, auto manufacturers are increasingly under pressure to reduce costs and increase profits while developing innovative, feature-rich products with globally dispersed teams.The application of Product Lifecycle Management systems will help the automotive industry automate the processes such as research, engineering, quality, regulatory mechanisms, the readiness of the supply chain and operations. Only with a global view of information can automotive manufacturers and suppliers achieve efficiencies and make smart business decisions to increase investment and drive out the cost.
Red Bull Racing
Integration of all engineering processes is crucial, and Siemens PLM Software solutions NX and Teamcenter underpin the team’s engineering endeavors. Together, they form the digital backbone of Red Bull Racing.
Benefits of PLM
To the Automotive Industry
- Effective management and visibility of design changes
- Be first to market with a faster product development cycle and shorter delivery times
- Increased cost savings by avoiding subsequent changes and rework
- Scalable and open PLM environment
- Digital product development including virtual and rapid prototypes